- 24 days into 2014 and it’s been good, for the most part. The only trouble I seem to be having is forgetting that there should be a 4 instead of a 3 in the last Y of DD/MM/YYYY.
- Started the year right by going to an impromptu overnight trip to Tagaytay with friends instead of reporting for work. And what does one do at Tagaytay at night (except try to make out the figure of the Taal in the dark), you ask. Have coffee, that’s what, and it seemed like most of the people in the city thought of doing the same thing at the same place because the coffee shop we had been to was so packed the lines actually reached the parking lot.
- Finally finished reading The Fault in Our Stars. If you did not feel water welling up on your eyes reading that last page containing Gus’s words about his choices, then you must be heartless, man.
- Got my new glasses after making a scene at an optical which destroyed my original frames back in December. Glad I didn’t have to do that in a bank when I asked the person in charge about getting my card back; it was captured by one of their automated teller machines, and stayed there for what, two days. Yes, I am an impatient customer but I don’t usually take it out on the people in charge. There’s just something about working in customer service that makes you feel that, well, the customer is always right.
- Filed a week-long leave from work to complete the last 20 hours of my internship. I have corresponded with my immediate superior through email but I haven’t mustered the courage to go to the newsroom.
- Do people die of anxiety attack?